New Jersey Errors and Omissions Insurance
Attention: The notary bond protects the public, NOT the notary!
Can you afford a costly lawsuit because you made an innocent mistake? Notary public errors & omissions insurance protects you against such situations! Even if the suit is not valid, you may still face legal bills for defending yourself. If you are not insured, you will pay defense costs out of your own pocket, win or lose. An E&O policy will pay for damages imposed by a court or in a settlement agreement and attorney fees up to the limits of the coverage.
Get the protection you need so you can perform your notarial duties with confidence!
Group Errors and Omissions Insurance
Benefits of a Group Policy
- No deductible - If the surety company pays out a claim, the insured does not have any out of pocket expense for a deductible.
- Policy term is one year - If the employer has several notaries, there is no need to purchase an individual policy for each notary and try to keep up with each of their expirations dates.
- Additional notaries employed during the term of the policy will be included at no extra cost - the employer simply adjusts the number covered at the time the policy renews.
- Employer's liability coverage is included at no addditional premium - in addition to covering the employed notaries, the company is covered at no additional cost.
- Coverage of defense costs (subject to policy provisions) - in addition to liability coverage for the employer and its notaries, the policy covers their defense cost. This is subject to the policy provisions.
No higher limit application is needed; however, it must be clear the policy strictly covers notarizations and not signing agent duties.
Notary Public of America
P.O. Box 7457
Tallahassee, FL 32314